CAREERS WITH OPTUMRX
We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Positions in this function consult with customers, members, patients, providers, internal departments and/or external third parties on any or all of the following:- Consult with and coordinate initial set up and on-going treatment plan for specialty drug patients, including DURs, co-pay assistance, ancillary products, scheduling Pharmacist consults and/or RN visits, and liaison with provider offices on labs, refill orders and prior authorizations.
- Review and advise on medications and treatment plans (based on review of medical case notes, medication list and lab results) to improve outcomes and avoid potential drug interactions and advise patients on alternate Rx fill strategies of retail versus mail order and options for financial assistance
- May outreach to providers on suspected medication abuse situations
- Review medication regimen for disease state for LTC facilities/ hospice care / RN case managers / Medical Directors / clients and provide summaries and guidance on future medication plans. Advice may include alternate drug therapies, stopping a medication and/or lower cost alternative
- Review medical case notes to determine on-going medication treatment plan and project future medication costs
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks
- Discuss with patients life issues affecting medication adherence and provide advice on improving drug regimen compliance and work with the clinical team to support the clinical programs that are requested by our clients
- Research and problem solving
- Communication skills required for documentation
- Follow standard operational procedures to meet regulatory requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- Ability to obtain Federal Clearance prior to being hired
- Willingness to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Previous pharmacy experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience working in a professional office or military setting