MedWise RX (a division of Tabula Rasa Healthcare) is a growing and innovative health care company whose mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare solutions for health plans, patients, and caregivers through Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs, services, and products.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a personalized service designed to optimize health outcomes for individual patients. Through the MedWiseRx program, pharmacy interns, pharmacy technicians, and pharmacists as a team work directly with patients, their providers, and community pharmacists to ensure optimal treatment while reducing the risk of adverse events and drug interactions. The MedWiseRx program is unique in its ability to identify and triage drug-related problems at a population level on a per patient basis.
Our Pharmacy Interns are responsible for performing clinical duties, tasks, and assignments that will support either MedWiseRx Administrative Operations or MedWiseRX Medication Therapy Management (MTM) programs and services.
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern provides medication management services to patients and clients of MedWiseRx, including:
- Makes outbound “cold calls” offering medication management services to patients
- Completes comprehensive medication reviews live and over the phone that target a variety of chronic conditions
- Provides drug and behavioral counseling via a structured interview format as required by the program sponsor and clients. The structure of counseling sessions may vary depending on program sponsor
- Contacts the patient’s prescriber(s) to authorize therapeutic interchanges, reviews potential duplicate therapies, and/or consults with the prescriber as appropriate and conveys any patient therapeutic change authorizations from prescribers as well as any other recommendations for therapy modifications to the patient’s dispensing pharmacy
- Documents all services provided and recommendations made including declination of service by patients
- Maintains performance standards including, but not limited to call volume and quality, consistent with other center interns
Though candidates near our local Clinical Call Centers are preferred, we may consider remote employees for this opportunity.
Apply and learn more: https://bit.ly/3waLB8r