The College of Pharmacy and College of Veterinary Medicine at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana are offering a one-year residency program in Veterinary Clinical Pharmacy Practice. The Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) Pharmacy is a pharmacy licensed by the State of Indiana Board of Pharmacy and is compliant with all federal and state regulations. This is a Post-Graduate Year One (PGY1) residency. Minimum qualifications include graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy and eligibility for licensure to practice pharmacy in Indiana. The selection of residents is made on the basis of academic achievement, career objectives, letters of recommendation, and pertinent experience. A Certificate of Residency will be awarded to candidates successfully completing the program. The Wasson Veterinary Pharmacy Residency is made possible through the generosity of Gregory and Kimberly Wasson, both graduates of the Purdue College of Pharmacy.
- To provide a non-degree postdoctoral education in veterinary clinical pharmacy and therapeutics.
- To prepare the resident for eligibility and certification by the Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists (SVHP) as a Diplomate of the International College of Veterinary Pharmacy.
- To build a working knowledge and skill set in preparing high quality, safe, effective, and legally acceptable compounded preparations for animal patients.
- To provide experience in designing and assisting in the conductance of a clinical pharmacology research project; performing research, data evaluation, and publication of seminal findings.
- To build a working knowledge of the regulatory aspects of drug use in animals and instill a strong sense of ethical responsibility in decision making regarding veterinary drug use.
Learn more and apply here.