About our Health System: UofL Health, located in Louisville KY, is a regional academic health system with five hospitals, four medical centers, and nearly 200 physician practice locations. UofL Health will be hosting virtual information sessions for our pharmacy residency training programs at both University of Louisville Hospital and Jewish Hospital. Please join us on the dates and times below. See the attached flyers for more information and a quote from a UofL Health pharmacist!
About UofL Hospital: UofL Hospital is an academic, level 1 Trauma Center serving as on-site training facility for medical/surgical residents and numerous pharmacy residency programs including: PGY1 (traditional), PGY1 Community-Based (focus in Specialty Pharmacy), PGY2 Internal Medicine, PGY2 Oncology, PGY2 Critical Care, PGY2 Emergency Medicine and PGY2 Ambulatory Care.
- UofL Hospital’s traditional PGY1 program provides a complete experience in a global healthcare environment offering acute and ambulatory care experiences. Core rotations include orientation, internal medicine, critical care (MICU, Trauma, or Neuro ICU), medical oncology, ambulatory care, infectious diseases, and pharmacy administration. Additionally, there are required longitudinal experiences in Antimicrobial Stewardship, Drug Information, Research, Teaching & Learning, and Staffing. The program is customizable with four months of elective experiences based on resident interest in a variety of settings such as: emergency medicine, bone marrow transplant, outpatient infectious diseases, stroke, cardiology, and solid organ transplant.
- The PGY1 Community-Based program is a new program focused in UofL Specialty Pharmacy, starting with the 2021-2022 resident class, currently ASHP candidate status pending accreditation visit in the Spring of 2022. All core rotations include orientation, outpatient pharmacy administration, specialty pharmacy operations, specialty pharmacy oncology satellite, specialty pharmacy clinics (Adult CF, Hep C, GI, MS, Oncology), community pharmacy operations, population health, and clinical outpatient services (immunizations, board authorized protocols, tobacco cessation, LAI antipsychotic injections, naloxone, etc.). Additionally, there are required longitudinal experiences in Drug Information, Research, Teaching & Learning, Service, and Medication Therapy Management. The program allows for elective longitudinal opportunity which is customized to resident interest in the following areas: academia (Sullivan College of Pharmacy) or psychiatry (UofL Health – Peace Hospital).
Links to Information Session:
- University of Louisville Hospital PGY1/PGY2 Programs:
- November 17th from 5-7PM EST via Microsoft Teams: Teams Link
- November 24th from 5-7PM EST via Microsoft Teams: Teams Link
University of Louisville Hospital Community Based Program:
- November 18th from 5-6PM EST via Microsoft Teams: Click here to join the meeting
- University of Louisville Hospital: https://uoflhospital.org/pharmacy-residency
About Jewish Hospital: Jewish Hospital provides a comprehensive pharmacy training environment in a large community-based hospital practice. Pharmacy residents at Jewish Hospital participate in delivering pharmaceutical services through interactions with both community-based physicians and UofL physicians and faculty. The PGY1 program provides patient care opportunities in various clinical specialties including internal medicine, infectious diseases, solid organ transplant, cardiology, critical care (MICU, CVICU, SICU, & Neuro ICU), and ambulatory care. Longitudinal experiences include drug information, clinical research, teaching & learning, and pharmacy distribution. The PGY1 experience can be tailored through the selection of two electives, with options in emergency medicine, informatics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and psychiatric medicine.
Link to Information Session:
- Jewish Hospital PGY1 Program: November 15th from 5-6PM EST via Microsoft Teams: Teams Link
- Jewish Hospital: https://www.uoflhealthnetwork.org/jh-pharmacy-residency
Follow us on Facebook for additional residency program information: https://www.facebook.com/groups/uoflhealthpharmacyresidencyprograms. We hope to see you at one of our information sessions!