|Attention Doctor of Pharmacy candidates,
Vanadro Drug Development Consulting and Drake University welcome applications for a unique, two-year Post-Doctoral Drug Development Fellowship. This fellowship will provide pharmacy graduates the opportunity to gain a solid foundation and competitive edge within the industry through intensive training in various aspects of new drug development.
The drug development fellow works with many different industry partners to provide groundbreaking patient care to patients globally. The fellowship provides interactions with drug companies, the Food and Drug Administration, research laboratories, and didactic training in numerous aspects of research. Additionally, the fellow is able to gain teaching experience in Drake’s Doctor of Pharmacy program.
Activities of the fellowship include:
- Participation in various client meetings to provide insight and guidance into the development of appropriate clinical pharmacology plans.
- Development of study documents including protocols and protocol concepts, IND submission documents, and various synopses.
- Engagement in literature reviews, data analysis, and reporting of data to clients and various other stakeholders.
- Management of pharmacokinetic responsibilities of contract research organizations (CROs).
- Evaluation of study design to ensure appropriateness and compliance within the recommendations of ICH/FDA guidelines.
- Participation in hands-on laboratory research training under the supervision of a Drake professor.
- Presentation of drug development topics to Drake University faculty and students.
Please click here to view additional information on the fellowship and here to apply.
Thank you for your interest,
Erik D. Maki, PharmD, BCPS
Chair – Pharmacy Practice Department
Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences