|Full name||TBD, recruitment ongoing|
|Job Title||Oncology Clinical Science Fellow|
|Job Location||Palo Alto, CA|
|Name / Title of Manager||PhD, Clinical Scientist, Oncology Clinical Development|
The Oncology Clinical Science Fellowship is a 24-month post-graduate training program with Ascendis Pharma, in collaboration with the Keck Graduate Institute (KGI), that is designed to prepare the Fellow for a career in oncology clinical development through immersed practical experience.
At Ascendis, we are passionate about patients and science. Our growing development pipeline of innovative new therapies is driven by the flexibility of our TransCon technology platform. We have multiple prodrug therapies in development, across two therapeutic areas — endocrinology and oncology. The Oncology Fellowship provides an opportunity to learn broad skills necessary to excel as a clinical development scientist in oncology and the Fellow is expected to collaborate cross-functionally to contribute to the success of the TransCon TLR7/8 Agonist program. The position will be partly based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Supports Clinical Scientist and Medical Monitor in data review, data cleaning, assessment of drug safety, assessment of clinical efficacy, and implementation, planning, and execution of assigned clinical trial activities.
- As a member of the Clinical Sub-Team and broader, global Study Team, presents and helps cross-functional team members to synthesize/contextualize clinical data to facilitate discussion, and ensures cross-functional integration, coordination, and alignment to enable effective and efficient clinical plan execution.
- Provides additional support, including generation and/or maintenance of PowerPoint slides and summary tables or statements, as needed, to support decision making.
- Ensures validity, accuracy, relevance and completeness of medical and scientific content in clinical research and regulatory documents.
- May act as the primary point of contact to address or properly triage inquiries from site and CRO personnel regarding the study protocol, informed consent, and patient-specific questions.
- Collaborates with Study Team to maintain updated scientific and clinical knowledge regarding emerging treatment and competitive landscape in specific indications.
- The Ascendis-KGI Fellow will have academic responsibilities at the KGI School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences which may include precepting students, publishing abstracts and posters, and representing the fellowship to students.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
A successful candidate must be a PharmD or PhD graduate from an accredited institution. This position is open to recent graduates and those ready to re-launch their careers. All candidates must have the right to work in the USA.
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- Highly motivation with a growth mindset.
- Strong work ethic and easy adaptability to changes in work goals or environment. Candidate must demonstrate ability to take direction and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Pro-active approach to assigned responsibilities, with responsiveness to prioritize according to needs of the research project.
- Reliability, outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and effective organizational skills in planning and overseeing multiple parallel short- and/or long-term projects.
- Experience with gathering, processing, analyzing and critically evaluating clinical or scientific data.
- Commitment to communicating respectfully and effectively within the team.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior clinical research experience at a research site and knowledge of immuno-oncology is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
Ascendis Pharma is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the fellowship without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Candidates must submit all the following application materials to-
KGI Fellowship Director Prof. Bernard Tyrrell (Bernard_tyrrell@kgi.edu) and to Ms Ashley Gonzalez (Ashley_Gonzalez@kgi.edu)
Office phone 909-607-0447.
We will be accepting applications from Monday 04 April 2022 to Tuesday 19 April 2022.
Applications materials need to include the following:
- Letter of Intent.
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV).
- One letter of recommendation emailed directly from letter writer to Fellowship Director.
- Unofficial pharmacy/graduate school transcripts emailed to Fellowship Director.
Note: Please indicate the Oncology Clinical Science Fellowship position as there may be multiple positions open.