Informational sessions before Midyear:
During these 1-hour sessions we will share an overview of UIHC and Iowa City. In addition, you will be provided the opportunity to meet our current residents and program leaders while engaging in a question-and-answer session to prepare you for your next steps!
- Thursday, October 20th | 6-7 p.m. CDT (PGY1 Pharmacy Residency – Acute and Ambulatory Care Settings and PGY1/2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership only)
- Tuesday, November 1st | 6-7 p.m. CDT (All PGY1 and PGY2 programs)
- Thursday, November 17th | 6-7 p.m. CST (All PGY1 and PGY2 programs)
If you have interest in attending one of the Zoom sessions, we invite you to fill out the Qualtrics survey linked here so we can follow up with the appropriate Zoom link.
UIHC will be participating in the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting Residency Showcase on Monday, December 5th from 1-4 PM. UIHC will be booth number 4529.
- PGY1 Pharmacy – Acute Care
- PGY1 Pharmacy – Ambulatory Care
- PGY1/PGY2 Health-System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership (2 positions each year)
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy (2 positions)
- PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy (1 position)
- PGY2 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy (1 position)
- PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy (1 position)
- PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy (1 position)
- As the state’s only academic medical center, we serve patients from all of Iowa’s 99 counties
- 860-bed hospital with a Level I trauma center, 4 adult ICUs, and a 24/7 ED with over 50,000 patient visits annually
- Stead Family Children’s Hospital is our pediatric tower with 190 pediatric beds including an 88-bed level IV NICU plus 32 bed Labor & Delivery and Women’s Services wing
- Our more than 200 ambulatory care clinics see over 1 million patients each year
- UIHC is located in Iowa City, IA where there is a large variety of local restaurants and shopping as well as Big 10 sports and arts activities
Link to our website where for more detailed information about the specific PGY1 and PGY2 programs.
Please check out our website if you are interested in any of the UIHC programs and feel free to email PharmacyResidencyProgram@healthcare.uiowa.edu with any questions