Aza Health is seeking two candidates who are interested in 1-year community- based pharmacy residency program in Palatka, Florida, starting June 26, 2023. Aza Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center with a 340b pharmacy. This is a great opportunity for a candidate hoping to build upon the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to develop community-based pharmacist practitioners with diverse patient care, leadership, and education skills. We are here to serve the underserved communities in our areas.
Residents will have the opportunity to:
- Work in a 340B Pharmacy and provide patient counseling
- Provide diabetes education
- Provide chronic care management services for patients with hypertension, dyslipidemia, heart failure, COPD, obesity, and smoking cessation
- Provide specialty pharmacy services for Hepatitis C, HIV, and PrEP
- Work closely with Medicare and Medicaid insurances in providing Medication Therapy Management
- Serve as a preceptor for APPE students from most colleges of pharmacy in Florida
- Obtain a teaching certificate through an accredited College of Pharmacy program
- Participate in community service events and health fairs
Candidates may reach out to me directly, if they are interested or would like to chat further. We are hoping to fill this position in Phase II Match.
Match number: 218415
Melissa Chruscinski, PharmD, BCACP, AAHIVP
Clinical Pharmacy Services Coordinator
Residency Program Director
Rural Health Care, Inc.
d/b/a Aza Health
1302 River Street
Palatka, FL 32177
Ph:386.328.0558 – Pharmacy
Ph: 386.326.7315 – Direct