We are a thriving, medication management solutions company, headquartered in Manhattan, but largely virtually distributed, committed to tackling the $528B suboptimal medication management problem. Patient medication information is often incomplete for healthcare providers and systems – it’s our mission to fill in the gaps. We provide real-time, universal access to accurate medication data for over 265 million patients and high-quality interventions by board certified telepharmacists. Through our solutions, healthcare providers can reduce preventable hospitalizations, avoid readmissions, and ultimately, improve patient outcomes. We’re already used by dozens of hospital systems, with tens of thousands of clinicians and supporting staff using us to care for millions of patients.
Here at Cureatr, we are driven by a core set of values and strive to incorporate them into everything we do. We care deeply about our users, patients, and employees, and we aim to live and operate compassionately. We take pride in creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable company culture, where our open and honest approach to work fosters innovation and encourages employees to achieve professional and personal growth.
This is an in-person position, paid on a per diem (hourly) basis. Candidates must be able to work out of our Gainesville, FL office.
The ambulatory care pharmacy intern is responsible for providing patient care services as part of the medication therapy management team under the supervision of a clinical pharmacist . The pharmacy intern will participate in direct patient care using the elements of the Patient Care Process to appropriately gather and assess medication-related information. The pharmacy intern will work out of the Gainesville, Florida office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts the initial assessment of the patient by collecting patient-specific information and performing comprehensive medication reconciliation
- Upon collection of the medication list, reviews and assesses medications to identify potential drug related problems and escalates care to the clinical pharmacist, as appropriate
- Communicates with other healthcare team members such as physicians, nurses, as necessary, to facilitate patient care
- Assists clinical pharmacist with medication-related issues (i.e collecting information from a retail pharmacy, obtaining drug coverage information from insurance, finding alternative formulary agents)
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA, state and federal pharmacy regulations, and CMS regulations
- Currently enrolled in an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited PharmD program as a P1, P2, P3, or P4 with ≥ 10 months until graduation from pharmacy school
- Active Pharmacy Intern license in Minnesota (preferred) or Florida in good standing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in: Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin), Korean, Vietnamese, or Spanish a plus but not required
- Must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Must be able to work out of our Gainesville office
Salary: $18 – $20 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Cureatr is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.