Healthesystems, a workers’ compensation PBM in Tampa, FL, is preferably seeking a rising 2nd or 3rd year student pharmacist (2025/2026 grad year) for a paid 10-hr/week internship position beginning immediately. This is a remote position. This position is designed for student pharmacists who are interested in a managed care pharmacy practice setting. The intern will be involved in the day-to-day activities of the company with primary responsibilities consisting of drug information and evidence-based medicine research, as well as training in a wide variety of areas, including exposure to PBM processes, drug regimen reviews, publications and education, marketing, and product development.
- Conduct drug information and literature-based research
- Assist the Clinical Services pharmacists in completion of various projects
- Assist in writing and developing content for newsletters and publications
- Participate in clinical activities (P&T committee, Journal Club, topic discussions)
- Clinical Outcomes tracking
- May support the manager and department on a day-to-day basis (and as needed) while portraying constant professionalism at all times and exercising confidentiality
- Managing and maintaining communications and information, clinical clerical and light administrative duties, planning, scheduling, office organization, research, and information handling may berequire
Pharmacy student enrolled in ACPE-Accredited College of Pharmacy with graduation date of 2025 or later. Preference may be given to students who have just completed their 1st year. Licensed as a Pharmacist Intern in the state of Florida. Evidence of above average academic performance and professional society activity strongly recommended.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Florida-licensed pharmacy intern
- Proven clinical problem-solving skills and demonstrated proficiency in contemporary computer software
- Superior oral and written communication preferred
- Proficiency in drug literature retrieval, analysis, and evaluation
- Proficiency in current standard MS Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Interested students should apply via Careers List – Healthesystems.