Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Clinical Pharmacist opening with HCA Florida North Florida Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
*Sign-on Bonus may apply to eligible candidates.
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Your primary function is providing general clinical and pharmacy services, including supervision of technical staff. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family and works together in a collaborative manner.
In this role you will:
· Interpret orders and transcribe or verify them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system.
· Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals.
· Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose.
· Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection.
· Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients.
· Assist with clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership.
· Document all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
· Complete notification reports regarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions.
· Effectively supervise pharmacy operation activities and provide support to the whole pharmacy team.
· B.S. or PharmD from and ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy required
· Minimum of one year of hospital experience is preferred
· Active pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy