The Eli Lilly and Company Visiting Scientist Fellowship is a highly respected pharmaceutical industry-based program, which has developed competitive and marketable industry professionals since 1994. A deeply involved, influential, and passionate network of more than 175 alumni across the pharmaceutical industry are contributing to the development of the next generation of medicines to improve patient lives.
Designed to train professionals for a career in the pharmaceutical industry, the fellowship offers a wide array of dynamic and challenging positions, while creating an environment that fosters personal and professional development. This one-year post graduate program presents PharmD, MD and relevant PhD or Master’s degree graduates with cross-functional exposure to clinical development, commercial, medical, project management and regulatory aspects of drug development. Fellows directly impact the business at Eli Lilly and Company to speed innovation while developing valuable and lifelong career skills.
Acceptance into the Visiting Scientist Fellowship (VSF) is highly competitive. In addition to outstanding scholastic achievements, qualified candidates must have demonstrated exceptional communication and leadership capabilities.
PharmD, MD, or relevant PhD or Master’s degree completed no earlier than May 2018. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States at the time of application.
- Prepare a Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume to submit in pdf format.
- Prepare a cover letter that includes, in a ranked format, the positions you are interested in (may include multiple 1’s, 2’s, etc.). Limit is 1000 characters. Do not include any positions for which you are not interested.
- Request a screening interview between September 14-October 16.
- If selected for a screening (first round interview), confirm time and date of interview via email and submit formal application as directed in the notification email. Application and Interview Timeline September 14 – October 16
- Request a screening interview by uploading a pdf version of your CV/Resume and responses to the questions within the screening interview form here. September 17 – October 23
- Qualified candidates will be contacted via email by October 23rd to schedule a screening (first round) interview* and submit a formal application, including a cover letter and CV, that must be completed prior to the screening interview. October 25 – October 31
- Screening interviews will be conducted as a 30-minute interview for the overall fellowship and will not be department specific.
- Qualified candidates may complete up to 3 virtual events during this time. Early – Mid-November
- Top candidates will be invited for second-round virtual on-site interviews* consisting of 3-5 department specific interviews based on application preferences.
- A 20-25 minute presentation with 5-10 minutes for Q&A on a topic of their choosing will be required from each candidate. Mid-December
- Final offers will be extended June 2021 – July 2021
- The 2021-2022 Visiting Scientist Fellowship will begin.
|Application Category||Number of Positions||Fellowship Positions*|
|Clinical Development and Project Management||5||
*Because VSF fellows are responsible for impactful deliverables, final positions are based strictly on business need and subject to change. For the most updated list of offered positions, please visit http://careers.lilly.com/ visiting-scientist.
Join us for Part 2 of the VSF Webinars to hear from current fellows and alumni about functional areas, career trajectories, team Lilly Culture, as well as virtual and onsite fellowship experiences.
Fellow & Alumni Working at Lilly Panel
- October 12, 2020 @ 6:30pm EST
Fellow & Alumni Functional Area Breakouts
- October 15, 2020 @ 6:30pm EST
Register for the events.
View the Eli Lilly Brochure 2020 for more information.